Thursday 10 October 2013

My first 3D Environment

Here my first 3D work of an environment, and though I do a lot of research and making use of concept arts as preferences, I ended up only finishing as what I done, using my own style.

It not like I must copy the concept art or anything, but as long as the end result is good, anything go.

I faced a few problems during process of doing the environment, like the wall and floor rendering, which I need to redo the model a few times in order to get what I wanted.


As you can see from the wire-frame, they may look simple, but it not that simple. I had to follow some of the arts to ensure the design is there, plus they need to fix in nicely to the wall and floor.

Although I using a low polygon, I only use auto-smooth due to the condition set.

But as you can see, the wire-frame also look like a normal line drawing.

Now to hide those "wire" and give the environment the 3D effects.

From the changes, you might notice the big different between the "Line Drawing" and "3D", in which there are edge and shadow.

Well, there are a few more thing to add on and edit.

I still need to show the grey scale first before adding the texture on.

As you can see from the first picture, the final touch of adding the texture. Overall I satisfied with the texture and the add on.

But to give the final touch a nice turn over, I using Photoshop to beautify the environment to give it a more better look. of course thank to my teacher's teaching.

Well, the environment isn't an easy task, but the time taken and the progress is fun and meaningful since I learnt a lot from just creating this 3D environment.

Too be honest, I did re-do the environment a lot of times due to teachers' request and due to my satisfaction since I felt it not up to standard. Also, I had to re-do it due to the texture weathering

No comments:

Post a Comment